Yesterday, I had to take Ever to get his 6 month shots all by myself. He didn't even notice the first shot (very thin needle), but the second - oh boy! He did NOT like that. And of course, they then had to go and stick him again in the other leg. Poor baby.... I only cried a little bit... He tried smiling at the nurses in between wails when they gave him a rattle. Well, I got him into his carseat and sat with him for a few minutes, situating his rattles, blanket, and nuk, and decided we'd go to Target since it would be a longer drive and he could fall asleep. He promptly fell asleep as we drove away and slept to Target, through me getting him out of his carseat and into the sling, through our Target wandering, back out to the car, out of the sling, opened his eyes briefly to say "Where the heck am I!?!" but fell back to sleep with his nuk as I buckled him in, all the way home and onto our bed while I did diaper laundry, and FINALLY woke up after 2.5 hours! Poor boy gets so sleepy after shots. He also slept through our anniversary dinner on the booth bench at the restaurant (very nice of him) and slept ALL NIGHT last night - from about 9-6:30! He's now napping again! and has been down for over 2 hours. I can also see the very tip of his first tooth coming through, so that probably doesn't help matters any.
Ev's loving the addition of yogurt (organic, whole milk, plain yogurt, of course) to his meals and gobbles them up like there's no tomorrow. I also bought him a new plastic bib yesterday because he likes sucking on the cloth ones and they are quickly being demolished.
Packing is a beast. We're doing a couple of boxes a night so far and have all the pictures off the wall and dressers mostly cleared off. We pick up the U-Haul in 8 days - eep!!! We finally got an approval letter from the bank this week and are getting homeowner's insurance today, and then we will hopefully be done with all the stupid tasks...now that interest rates have jumped, of course, but what can you do? Anyways....I better go see if Ev's still breathing in there and maybe he'll be kind enough to wake up soon so we can get to work already!

No comments:
Post a Comment