Thursday, December 10, 2009

You won't believe what Ev did

He peed in his potty. I am so serious! The past week or so, he has consistently been peeing on the bathroom floor as we run his bath. So the other day, I got his ikea potty down from the attic and tried sitting him on it before his bath. He cried until I let him off. And then peed on the floor. I think Brian got him to pee in it two days ago by putting it in a strategic location. Then last night, I took the advice of someone on thebump (message board I frequent too much) and set the potty IN the tub, held him on it there and started the tub. Aaaaaand he peed! (Running water is apparently an irresistible cue.) I did a lot of hooraying and cheering and clapping and Ev looked at me with a face that clearly said, "you are absolutely nuts, mother." Hey. Whatever. My 12 month old peed in a pot. We'll continue the bathtime routine and hopefully it will be a nice preparation for when we really try to do this in a few months. Yay Everett!

No comments: