Since there's nothing exciting going on, I'll just give you a general update.
Brian is still working a bunch but finding time to play too. He's been very busy at home with various tasks I find for him (build swingset, weedeating, fix rain barrel, etc.) along with his own projects like rebuilding a commuter bike.
Everett is now officially two and a half. He still has a lot of tantrums, but is getting better at dealing with them. He talks up a storm and says some very cute stuff. He's working really hard right now to figure out me/my/I. I can still see the wheels turning in his head when he's trying to figure out something linguistic. He sort of scrunches his eyebrows and gets this look of great concentration and I have to stifle my giggles. He's still a great helper with Callum (when he's in a listening mood). Anytime I comment on Callum getting bigger, Everett gets very excited and asks, "Callum play my toys me?!" and I have to say that, "no, he's not quite that big yet but someday he will be." Everett loves drawing, play dough, bubbles, tinker toys, trains, fishing, building, and riding his bike. He is totally pottytrained and I've even contemplated not lugging around an change of pants for him (but since I overpack for everything, I still do). He loves doing things that daddy can do and reminds us daily that he's a big boy.
Callum is 3.5 months old (and I refuse to accept it) and teething. He is still my sweet laid-back baby, but has definitely learned how to wail when something's wrong. It's almost always that his diaper needs changing or he is so tired, he can't fall asleep. Most of the time though, I just smile about him. On Wednesday morning, Brian stayed home for the morning before leaving town and we were sitting on the front porch watching Everett ride his bike. As we sat there, Callum was relaxing in Brian's lap, watching everything, and he started looking a bit sleepy. Next thing I know, he's fast asleep. The teething isn't horrible yet, but he has become a drool monster. Nuks do not solve his world's problems, which gives me hope that it won't be bad to take away when the time comes (but he still likes them when he's sleepy). He is enormous (at least 15 pounds now) and wearing some 6 month clothes. He absolutely adores his big brother and his little aunts and uncles. He gives them big, gummy smiles and lets them carry him around (I realized today why people gave me such terrified looks when, at age 7, I carried around my baby brother Jakey...). Callum has never received a lot of bottles and the other day, I realized that he's not too fond of them, so I may start doing a pumping every few days and feeding him a bottle, just to keep him used to it. I really like having the ability to leave him for a few hours (like I ever do, though) and to do that, he needs to be ok with bottles.
As for me, I'm still here. I did my first week of day care and it was a handful. I'm supposed to meet a guy tomorrow about two other kids, so we'll see if that pans out. I'm not in a huge rush, but it'd be nice to have some more income. I've been reading a lot of fiction novels and playing a lot of angry birds during nursings. I am in love with my new phone (even though it's price dropped this week...) and so is Everett. That boy seriously has a knack for touchscreens. I'm also in love with my anniversary present, a woven wrap. I need to get some pictures taken...will attempt that tomorrow.
And finally, the week's menu:
Dinners for June 13-19
Monday, June 13 – Nachos
Tuesday, June 14 – Chicken stir fry
Friday, June 17 – fish sticks and rice pilaf
Saturday, June 18 – steaks and salad
Sunday, June 19 – leftovers/dinner out
No comments:
Post a Comment