Bath night (the boys don't get baths every day because they both have sensitive skin and are prone to eczema. If they had a bath every day, it would dry out their skin too much.):
Everett picks out pajamas for himself and Callum while Brian or I get Callum undressed. The boys play in the tub for about 10-15 minutes, sometimes they get their hair washed.
Getting out of the tub is always a fight. We dry kicking/protesting boys off and get pajamas on.
Teeth brushing. Callum usually takes this opportunity to grab his toothbrush and run away. Sigh. Chase the baby.
After they are pajama-ed and brushed, we settle into their room and sit on the floor. I attempt to nurse Callum (sometimes he wants it, sometimes he doesn't) while Brian reads Everett 2-3 books.
There are many hugs and kisses in every direction.
Everett needs his Thomas blanket on first, then his comforter. He also needs a water bottle on his headboard. More hugs/kisses for him.
We turn on their sound machine, say "goodnight" and "I love you" and shut the door
On non-bath night, we just do pajamas, then teeth and the rest of the routine.
And if I'm lucky enough that they sleep in in the morning (I think that's happened twice), I get to find this in the morning:


No comments:
Post a Comment