Monday, October 15, 2012

Preschool: Letters D & E

Oops.  I was not feeling well and training for a half marathon, so I claim that as my excuse for missing a week here.
I swear, we did preschool, I just apparently didn't take many pictures and we didn't do much new stuff.

We did:

- Create a letter D with paint and corks

- Made letters out of play doh

- Created a leaf number matching game (I was pretty positive I took pictures of this but cannot find them ANYWHERE.)

- Made an E out of popsicle sticks (no pictures yet.  It's still drying.)

Here's our weekly letters we make:
(Yes, that is a chocolate chip cookie for C.)

Ev's doing very well with preschool in general.  He is usually excited to do anything I tell him.  One morning, I was sleeping and I looked over to see him standing right next to me, eyes wide and sparkling.  I said hi to him, and he said, "I want to do school!"  uggggghhhh.  :)
Some days he can recite and recognize almost all the numbers 1-12, some days he has trouble with a few (often, 2, 4, and 8, interestingly enough).  Today, he correctly identified the letters A through F.  We're still working on drawing straight lines, but boy is he determined.  He just keeps trying.  I'm so proud of his continuous effort.
Today we ran into the preschool I looked at putting him in and it made me wonder if I was making a mistake by not having him in an official setting like that, but I felt better about it after the work he did this afternoon.  He still gets plenty of socializing, he gets to be on his own and listen to another adult in both his gymnastics class and library story time, and he really is moving along and learning things at home with me.

Oh yes, and on a hilarious note, Ev tells me that when he goes swimming with nana at the college pool, he does cotton balls off the diving board.  LOL.