Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Ikea is exciting
At least, that seems to be Everett's opinion. Since there were some thesis issues on Monday, we found ourselves with a little extra time to stop at the behemoth blue box of beauty in Chicago and stroll through the displays. Ever was in the bjorn with Bri and was doing all right for a while, but really was just exhausted from so much traveling and really wanted to go back to sleep after lunch. To show us how all the bright colors were overwhelming to his little senses, Everett decided to yell. Loudly. At everyone in the store. I really think he scared some people. A couple of times, I tried to muffle the sound a little, but I decided a yelling baby with mama's hand over his mouth probably looked worse than just a plain ol' yelling baby. So he yelled. And people would sort of jump and turn, see that he wasn't upset, just yelling, and then they would smile. As we were walking through the restaurant area, we also got a cute baby comment from two older women enjoying lunch. I was holding Everett and walking by them and as we passed, one said to the other, "Well that's a Gerber baby if I've ever seen one!" Another comment from yesterday - a friend came over and was playing with Everett and said, "you look exactly like your daddy now!" Yeah yeah yeah, I know....not a piece of my genetic material went to that kid....oh well! He's the happiest, funniest, cuddliest baby ever and I wouldn't change him one bit. He is going to love the giant circle in our new house and I'm sure will be crawling, toddling, then running in circles though the living room, dining room, kitchen, and foyer all day long. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment