Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We're all still alive

It's been a few days. Oops! I haven't really written because I was afraid I might start cursing and crying about how life is not fair. I finally got in to the dentist for a comprehensive exam and cleaning. Result = very very very bad! Not only is the total estimate for everything I need done more than we currently have in our savings, but I had to get referred to an endodontist who costs 50% more than the normal dentist. I could rant about how it's not fair that I have a good diet, brush and floss and swish, don't drink lots of pop or eat lots of sugar, and end up with such sucky teeth, but I won't. ;) I am just now on a loooong road of trip after trip to the dentist and the disappearance of my hopes to stay home with Ev once we moved. It was kind of nice to only have to worry about student loans, and tacking all of this on top kind of made me break down on Monday and hide in bed. Better now, just still angry and upset.
In other non-self-centered news, Everett got his 4 month shots yesterday and took it like a trooper. We did still have to see his poor little face collapse in sadness when he realized someone had just stuck a needle in his leg, but he seemed to forget the whole thing quickly and wasn't even extra fussy that afternoon. Brian made sure to rub his leg so he wouldn't get all knotty, and we encouraged him to kick (not hard to do) to get the blood moving. He only had to have two shots and an oral this time, so at least there was something good about the whole deal. He also got a rattle. :) The little stinker has regressed a bit in his sleeping and is back to waking up 2-3 times per night (but not to eat, just waking) and we get up, give him his nuk (because we're too tired to do anything else), and go back to bed until he wakes up again.
We tried some rice cereal again last night to much better success. (Meaning I think he actually consumed some of it.) He leans in to the spoon when it gets near his face but is still a little confused about why we're putting this smelly stuff in his mouth. I'm still not going to try every day yet, but he's definitely starting to get the hang of it.
Brian's printing his thesis today (YAY!) and his defense is next week. I'm getting excited for our vacation to SC where I can pretend that dentists don't exist and we can just relax on the beach all the time (the weather gosh darn better be nice).

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I think you are definately allowed to rant... that really does stink about the dentist.

I want to hear more about this fabulous vacation!!

Tammy said...

Bummed for you about the dental bills... I wish I could help you feel better. I just got chocolate croissants from The Daily Bread --- if I could share with you, I would. Just imagine the soft, flaky croissant ( it's almost like air, only buttery) and the still soft dark chocolate surprise inside... mmmmm.... I miss you !