Monday, October 5, 2009

First Applefest

We went to Applefest for the first time yesterday (well, the first time for Everett and me, Brian's been plenty of times). It was cool but not unbearable, crowded but not overwhelmingly so, and the parade was slow....unbelievably, upsettingly slow. Good grief, those people need to learn some pacing. After we had been there for an hour or so, I realized I had forgotten the camera. I did manage to get a shot of Everett in his new pumpkin hat on my cell phone but I haven't uploaded the picture yet. This is a hat I had made and Ev had decided was fun to pull off whenever I put it on his head. So on the way up to the fest, I made some ear flaps and sewed them on. Yes, I did.
After the fest, we checked out an orchard quickly, but it was pretty dull. Then we went out to an abandoned orchard and picked a bunch of little apples to make some more yumminess. Ev took a three hour nap this morning and is now onto an hour again this afternoon. Apparently he's tired today. We have also discovered that when Everett is tired, he becomes an enormous mess maker. This is prior to meltdowns or even fussy eye rubbing. He just speed crawls all over the place making as big of messes as he possibly can. It is unbelievable. So now if I notice he's making more messes than normal, I put him in his crib. He was downright pleased this afternoon when I walked toward his crib. He leaned down into it, I laid him down, he grabbed his nuk, snuggled his blanket, made sure seahorse was singing to him and went to sleep. Wow.
Anyway. Tomorrow's back to work again...and riding my bike is starting to get a little chilly. Lame.

No comments: