Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fun Time in the Cities

Everett and I made our trip down to the cities this Friday and Saturday and despite plans being...unfulfilled?...we had a great time! First, Ev was great on the drive down until we had about 25 miles left and it was rain/snowing. Lovely. We had to pull off, find a nuk, and then he fell asleep. Our first stop was Ikea (where I forgot to take pictures) and we had a great time browsing and eating for about 2.5 hours. They have toys set out for kids to play and Ev thought that was fantastic. I must say that this Ikea's baby/nursing area is nowhere near as awesome as the Ikea in Schaumburg's. Our loot: a potty (!), a beautiful crib comforter, a lovely toy for the first birthday
(one of those beads on wire loop things that you always see in doctor's offices), a kitchen wall rack with hangers and spice rack, a wine rack, and some bag clips. Successful trip.
Then we headed off to the Old Spaghetti Factory to meet Britt and Mel for dinner. SO GOOD! $14 including tax and tip for a full meal. Ev started getting cranky then so we headed out to Kayla's house (because she's awesome and let us stay in one of her guest rooms). In the morning, we went down to the Children's Museum (which, funnily enough, MckMama was at on Friday!). We were supposed to meet up with some moms from thebump but I never found them. Oh well! Everett had such a good time. In fact, he was so enamored with the "habitot" area, that I couldn't get a good picture of him! Every time I tried to get him to look, he would speed crawl away to something else! Evidence:I got one when he started getting tired:
Then we met up with Kayla again and went to Culver's:
Then we did some shopping at the Albertville outlet. And then it was back home. Once again, Ev was great until we had about a half hour left. I stopped once to find his nuk and give him a cracker and that worked for about ten minutes and then I just had to listen to him cry for the last 15-20 minutes....ick. It felt so great to be home! I hate traveling without Brian. Today we carved pumpkins and made a pie and stayed in pajamas. Well actually, that was just me.....hmmm....
While we were gone, Brian played bachelor and went to a high school friend's wedding. That's the weekend recap!


No comments: