Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Sensitive
It's official. Everett has inherited the Hammond sensitive gene. He's such a sweet, cuddly boy, but tonight, his sensitive side was a detriment to socialization. He was playing very well with his buddy R all evening, and they even played peek-a-boo together. This is one of the first times I've seen him socialize with someone his age (besides uncle Benj) other than giving them a strange look and walking away. R's house has lots of fun toys because his mom runs a daycare, so Everett loves exploring and playing with all the stuff. He discovered one toy in particular that was super fun. You push a button and balls spin in a circle (exhilarating, I know). Well, he was playing with it and then R tried to show him his favorite part of the toy - flipping it over (mind you, this is a big toy that you stand at and push buttons). Well, Everett saw this and was a bit distressed. I righted the toy, Ev was relieved, R flipped it, Ev was distressed. Repeat x4. About the fourth flip, Everett was near tears (he was tired too), so I picked him up and removed him from the playroom. It was time to go home. And now he is safe and sound in his crib, sleeping, and hopefully not dreaming of friends flipping over awesome toys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment