Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hah! Not more than a week!

I didn't let it go ridiculously long without updating!  Hooray for me!
This week, Everett has decided that he's big.  Yesterday, I caught him sitting in the computer chair, switching between tapping at the keyboard, scrolling with the mouse, and pretending to drink out of a glass I left there.  I only got a picture with my cell phone since Brian had stolen our camera for work.
Then this morning, Brian was getting his breakfast ready and walked back into the dining room to this:

Everett sitting in a big chair, munching away at his cereal!  (No, Brian doesn't use a little plastic purple spoon, this was after I'd given Ev his own spoon.)

Apparently, he's not too big though.  Because I was doing something on the computer and looked over to see this.  My lovely child in a half-empty box of disposable diapers, playing with some wipes (need the throw away stuff for papa.  Have I mentioned that I will now call my dad papa and my mom nana?  I've decided thus.)

My day has been kind of ridiculous today.  Sometimes I wonder why I call these Mondays and Thursdays my "days off."  It went a little something like this:
6am - Everett's awake.  Nurse him and try to snooze a little more until I hear the distinct sound of the TiVo downstairs.  Spring out of bed and find Everett standing in front of the TV, attempting to turn on a show.  I put on some Sesame Street and flop down on the couch.  Brian gets up and heads off to work (insert cereal story here).
7 :30 am-9am - Feed Everett various foods that he needed.  Starting with the cereal, then grapes, juice, milk, crackers, etc. ending with making us both some scrambled eggs.
10 am - Naptime (for Everett...I was awake by then).  Did some research on almond milk and set my raw almonds to soak.  Washed dishes, took a shower, started laundry load #1, talked to the dentist's office which called to reschedule today's appointment, called the tupperware lady to set up a party, called the clinic to set up check-ups for me and Everett. Put clothes in dryer.  Did some blog-reading, facebooking, researching ideas for the almond pulp I would be left with after making milk.  Cut out legs for two new pairs of pants for Everett only to realize I had neither black nor gray thread.  HUH!?
1 pm - (wow, that was a long nap!  huh.) lunch with daddy.  I made Everett some edible playdough (equal parts peanut butter, honey, and dry milk) and a hot dog (nutritious meal, eh?).  Start laundry load #2.
2 pm? - went to the co-op to get milk, dried fruits, dates for sweetening almond milk, and various other things like a sucker for the whiner.  Went to county market (because I'm a naughty mama and don't buy organic produce) to get broccoli, frozen mixed fruits, frozen veggies, eggs, and greek yogurt (I had a coupon to try the new yoplait stuff).
3pm- put away groceries, , lost Everett, ran around the entire yard, found Everett, got him a snack, laundry load #2 in dryer, brought load #1 upstairs, set up new wireless router, played and such.
4:30 pm- went to McDonald's for dinner to meet the tupperware consultant and set up my party!, played in the silly playland, ate horrible, disgusting food, and drank a diet coke.
5:30 pm- made that aforementioned almond milk, whilst giving Everett the various snacks he kept bringing me (he doesn't care for McDonald's either).
6:30pm- upstairs to get Everett ready for bed.  Undress, bathe, lotion up (poor dry skin), dress, attempt to read story only to get whined at and smacked, nurse, brush teeth, kiss, and bed for that baby.
7:30pm- diapers into washer on quick wash cold with my new Bac-Out, make some energy bars from a recipe I basically made up to use the almond pulp, do the dishes again (included my adorable new tupperware pitcher I got for setting up a party), start the diapers on their long hot wash with extra rinse and bring load #2 upstairs, make myself a cup of tea, pick up toys, feed the cats, take energy bars out of the oven, sit down with my tea and blog before
9pm- finish blog entry, check facebook quickly (must be up to date on my tupperware party event), start folding laundry (loads 1 and 2).  At some point, putting diapers in the dryer, putting away cooled energy bars, and finishing my day.

Oh yeah, and today is Everett's 17 month-day!

Goodnight you lovely people.


1 comment:

Tammy said...

That's my girl ! -- the over-achiever !! You make your mama (or am I nana?) proud !!!