Sunday, May 16, 2010

New toys

Everett and I had a busy morning yesterday, lugging ourselves all over town for the city-wide garage sale. It was kind of back-breaking (that kid is getting heavy!), but I came away with two armfuls of clothes for the boy, three shirts for me, and way more plastic toys than I should have. I found one of these for $1,


 but it needed four D cell batteries, so it was more like $5. He is loving that thing.












I also found him some ball pit balls. Then I threw them all into his tent. He just giggled when I tossed him in too. Evidence of the fun that ensued:

We also went to the free car seat clinic to check on his seat.  The inspectors were fascinated by his cool carseat,















were overall pleased with the setup in the car (raised the chest connector and tightened the straps), but praised me for doing so much research and still having him rear-facing.  In fact, one of the inspectors told me that I was obviously a great mom.  Tear!  While we were there, we also got to check out the firetrucks!  Everett got a badge sticker too (see picture above).  And we'll get to see the firetruck again at playgroup at the end of the month!  Yay!  Anyway.  Time to relax with the hubby!

No comments: