So I hadn't blogged in a while and then I went on vacation. While my laptop was there and being used, I didn't feel like blogging, so I didn't! We did tons of fun things in Topeka while visiting auntie Christy (and grandpa!). Some things we did:
-went to a Kansas City Royals game. Their stadium is the most kid-friendly I have ever seen! It had a carousel, fountain area, playground, mini golf, batting cages, and other various activities, plus kid sized (and priced) food! So cool! And the home team won!
-went to Gage Park and rode the train. At the same park, we also went to the Topeka Zoo. A very cute little zoo, but we couldn't find the hyenas.
-went to an awesome community pool that Everett kind of refused to leave. He loooooved the kid area and all the slides. He was a big, brave boy and went down the big kid's slide and a three-person adult slide.
-went to the mall on a thunderstormy morning
-played at the playground at a sonic
-went out to eat too many times!
-saw daddy do the TinMan Triathlon (it was reaaaaaaaaally hot and hilly and his run wasn't fantastic. bike and swim were good though. He got in right as it started thunderstorming.)
-bought a Canon EOS Rebel XSi at an awesome price because they are being discontinued and it was the display model at Best Buy.
-got nibbled by, slobbered on, stepped on, climbed on, and hollered at: Sadie
I know we did more, but I'm drawing a blank. Thanks Christy for being an awesome hostess! (even if that airbed did prevent me from sleeping for a week....) ;)
Now we're back home and I'm doing the laundry, plus a load of laundry full of new clothes and Ikea bed linens. Brian fixed the toilet (and broke it!) and then ran off to Madison for a class he is probably qualified to teach. Everett is super pleased to be home again even though he does miss Christy, Lily, Daisy, and "NO, DEE!" The garage is still standing (thanks for checking, Karl!), the garden is still growing, the pets are still alive, and Ever and I ate strawberries out of the backyard this afternoon. I'm super busy with work for the next week or so, so we'll see if I manage to get any pictures uploaded (missing the cable for the new camera so we're having trouble there...)
No comments:
Post a Comment