Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Avocado

I gave in a little early.  I told Callum, who was begging and begging, that he could try some food as soon as he doubled his birth weight and learned to sit.  Well, he's pretty heavy and he's been working on sitting.  He managed to keep himself upright for a good span and threw an absolute fit while we were eating, trying to grab our plates and food, so I gave in.  I scooped out some avocado, pureed it, thinned it, and we tried it out.  He liked it.  Not love, not hate, just like.  You can see it was a whole family affair and Everett really got a kick out of it...which Callum loved.



Here's Everett during a trip to the visitor center:

And here's what I have to do with Callum when he's being needy:


and what usually ends up happening:


Oh, and the meal plan!
Dinners for August 1-7
Monday, August 1 – birthday dinner with Grandma
Tuesday, August 2 – veggie tart
Wednesday, August 3 – Trinidad chicken, brown rice, asparagus
Friday, August 5 – lemon/orange fish, potatoes, veggie
Saturday, August 6 –  Red pepper goat cheese frittata
Sunday, August 7 – block party potluck

No comments: