Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bye bye Valentines

I know.  What kind of mom blogger doesn't have a bunch of cutesy posed pictures of their adorable kids posted on Valentine's Day?  Me.  That would be me.  But I have an excuse.  My boys have not been picture-ready since last week.  Saturday, they got a cold.  A cold that turned into a hacking, sneezing, snot-dripping, whining, falling-down tired illness.  And they're still coughing and and I'm still wiping/sucking out/commanding blowing for noses about every 20 minutes.  Poor Everett is missing handing out valentines at playgroup today and he was SO excited for the holiday.  We did get to make daddy a valentine yesterday and make some wrapping paper for his fancy dark chocolate bars (no, not even pictures.  These boys are exhausting right now.).  Daddy came through too and over lunch, brought me some fair trade roses, chocolate and a cherry ale.
We went out to dinner last night at the chinese buffet/sushi bar and as a result, dishes from yesterday's lunch are....we just won't talk about that.  Hmm...I should probably plan some dinner...
Anywho.  That's pretty much it.  Just didn't want you to think we were wallowing in a pit of drool and snot or anything.  Oh wait.  We are.

No comments: