Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesday - Things I'll Never Do

Every first time mom has a few things that they will "never do."  Being that for me, this was over three years ago, I'm having a hard time remembering what my gross misconceptions were....but I know I had them.  I think it's just natural that women plan what kind of mother they will be, not really understanding how hard it is doing this whole mom thing.  I'm sure I never thought I'd be as crunchy as I am.  That really evolved with having kids.  I blame natural childbirth and breastfeeding.  :)
I don't think I ever imagined I'd use cloth diapers.  I love those things.
I had no idea about baby wearing.  Do that too.
I do believe I thought that I wouldn't let my kids eat food in the grocery stores.  Thank goodness the co-op lets the kids get an apple/banana/carrot to munch on while shopping.
I do know that I swore my kids would never run around in just diapers.  There is currently a toddler running around in the cutest airplane diaper ever created (but cloth is WAY cuter and different than sposies).

I never thought that I would have to experience all out screaming tantrums in public.  Yeah.  Those are fun.




1 comment:

Caroline said...

pictures like this reallllly tempt me to try cloth. Found you on Toddle Along Tuesday!