Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I'm Back

I apologize to my loyal fans (aka sisters in law) that I have been absent for nearly the entire month of November.  It's because I hate giving thanks.  Kidding.  It's really because I was kind of depressed about my health recently and just didn't see blogging as a priority.  I was still present on facebook so everyone knew I was alive, but blogging just seemed like too much effort.
This whole health thing is just a mystery.  At the end of September I started getting a general feeling of illness, stomach aches, etc. and it went in cycles of a few days.  Well, around the 12th, I felt horrible and it lasted for a full week.  I have had all kinds of medical tests done, all come out fine.  I have been to a chiropractor twice (who was a friend in high school.  Awkward?  A little.) with no real obvious reason for my malaise there either.  But.  I have been feeling fine for the past week so I'm holding out hope that I'm done feeling bad.  I've cut caffeine from my diet and had cut out a bit more for the two weeks after I started feeling bad too.  I'm also taking probiotics and drinking lots of herbal tea.  Interestingly enough, the thing that has obviously helped me the most?  Drinking lemon water before breakfast.  Don't ask me why.  ANYWAY.  Since I know no one reads to hear about me, that's that!

We had a nice thanksgiving, splitting the day between my parents and Brian's.  The boys loved spending time with Auntie Christy for a few days.  We also celebrated Everett's birthday with Brian's side of the family since Christy was visiting.  He got some awesome presents, including a giant rc construction site and a Tag reader, complete with books and carrying case.  We'll be having a friend party for him this Saturday and hopefully I'll get a little tutorial up on how we did the invitations before then.

Callum just transitioned to a toddler bed this week.  He's done great!  We tried it once this summer and he wasn't ready, so we went back to the crib.  This time, he was fine.  The first night, he woke up and needed some snuggling, but since then it's been smooth sailing.  Even for naps, he's stayed put.  He doesn't flop down and go right to sleep like he did in the crib.  He's generally sitting up as I shut the door now, but maybe that's somewhat just the newness of the bed.  We'll see.

We have snow!!!!  The boys love the snow (except falling in it with bare hands and having a mean tree dump it on your head.).  We played outside a bit today and they had a great time.  I'll try to get pictures up soon!

No comments: