I knew this was going to be hard, but I failed a couple times already. I had turkey lunch meat thinking it was ok since the ingredients sounded safe. I also made a chicken veggie soup with boxed broth. Apparently that's also a no-no. Only homemade broth is ok. Sigh. This truly sucks. I miss cheese and oats. Oh and I also apparently shouldn't be using my cast iron skillet or wooden spoons either.
Day 2-
Breakfast: cantaloupe, fried eggs, coffee with almond milk
Lunch: leftover soup in non gluten free broth
Snacks: cashews, sunflower seeds, nut thins, raisins, banana with pb (which is also probably gluten contaminated)
Dinner: tacos - ground turkey and seasonings, black beans, lettuce, tomato, corn tortillas. I nearly cried for want of cheese and sour cream
This is turning out to be very emotionally difficult for me. It seems hopeless and I keep thinking about how I'll never be able to eat out with family and friends anymore. It all just sucks.
1 comment:
I'm sorry! Hang in there! I hope it makes you feel better, or if not, you find another answer.
I know so little about gluten-free besides trying to accomodate a friend whose done it and doing it briefly (and poorly) when I was wrongly diagnosed with thrush, but I'm curious why you can't use wooden spoons or cast iron? I've never heard that before! And bummer about the broth... I always want to make my own but it's just a lot of time and effort when you've got the box!
Post a Comment