I have long admired projects involving children's silhouettes and decided this week that I was going to make something to fit my new grey and yellow bedroom decor. I am beyond thrilled with the way these came out so I have to share my process.
Step 1: Take a profile picture of your child. I found it worked better against a plain wall than against a window.
Step 2: Open picture in photoshop (I have CS2).
Step 3: Follow this tutorial to outline the profile and create the silhouette with a transparent background.
Once I had the silhouettes made, I saved them as psd files just in case I wanted to use them again later.
- Side note: I also flipped Callum's profile horizontally since I had them both facing the same way for the pictures and did not want them so in the final product.
Create a new project in your desired size (I did 5x7s) and paste the background onto it.
Step 5: Move the profile outline onto project with the background. Save as a new jpeg and you're done! I just printed the projects on regular paper, but I think it would turn out even better on photo paper.
End result:
Don't worry, I'll be hanging them on the wall as soon as Callum's done napping and I can hammer without terrible consequences.



1 comment:
Those are great! I love how they came out!
Post a Comment