Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Welcome! [7w3d]

Well, we still haven't told anyone about little snowpea yet, but after today's ultrasound, I felt confident enough to start the blog. So here it is! I guess I have to tell the background now... I took a home preg. test on Saturday, March 22 (the day before Easter) but the second line showed up so faintly, I didn't quite believe it. We spent the next few days kind of joking about "if" I were pregnant and then nervously laughing. Well, I took a second test on Tuesday, March 25, and that plus sign (different brand) was anything but faint!
Skip ahead! Sunday, April 6 - Morning sickness begins. As of this time, I'm still considering myself pretty lucky since I have not thrown up at all and only feel icky in the mornings and evenings. I try to remember that this means snowpea is growing and becoming a healthy little one, but seriously! I can't stand the thought of steak, burgers, any kind of sausage, mexican food, nothing!! I have become friends with bran muffins, cheerios, and fruit of all sorts though.

Skip ahead again! Our first ultrasound was originally scheduled for yesterday but the ultrasound tech called in sick. Needless to say, I cried about my wasted half hour of medical time at work all the way to work. Oy! So they rescheduled us for this morning. It was great. Bri was relieved to see only one little pea in there and we were both so happy to see (and hear!!) a nice heartbeat (rate=140bpm) and know that little one is measuring right on time according to our calculations. I took a picture of one of the pictures with my cell and it's kind of blurry but better than nothing. We'll try to get them scanned so they show up more clear and hopefully (crossing my fingers!) we can upload the video too. Seriously, who uses tapes nowadays?
Anyway! That's all for now. Oh, and p.s. - for morning sickness, I find varying the menu (cheerios, honey nut cheerios, plain goldfish crackers, granola) and some extra B6 are the best I can do to stop the queesies!

No comments: