2nd appt yesterday [9w2d]
Yesterday was our first real appointment. Well, not even a real one because there was no doctor there, but still cool. Had to go through the whole girl exam thing, but we also got a lot of information and answers to any questions. Not that we had to ask any questions though because the nurse and nurse practitioner both had huge scripts of info to give us. I was a little worried that they would not be able to find a heartbeat because it's still a little early for that (from what I've read, 10w is generally the minimum for hearing it). And it did take the np quite a bit of time and positioning before she found it. Glorious sound when we did hear it! Brian thought it was very funny that there were three instances of medical staff referring to me as "tiny," "skinny," or "little." The nurse said something about almost needing a child blood pressure cuff (100/62 btw), the np suggested that she might be able to still find the heartbeat because I'm "so skinny," and the lab tech who took my blood commented that it was a good thing they had pediatric needles. Oy! I get it! I'm a small person! My veins are little! (and they still took 5 vials of my blood!!)
I have a job interview this Friday in the middle of the day for a teaching position, so I'll keep you updated on that.
Here's the next belly pic, taken on Sunday at 9 weeks even. (Look! Not even any bloating!)
No comments:
Post a Comment