While I was looking through the clothes, Brian was over under the table looking at somthing. And he came back over to me with a Baby Bjorn! And it was $2!!!! Now you must understand that the cheapest I have found these new is $56 and Once Upon a Child has them for $18, but $2!!! It is in need of a good washing/scrubbing, but who the heck cares! Yay Brian!
We then stopped/drove by various sales in Lafayette with no garage sale success. Poo. Then, we made our way over to the extreme East side of Lafayette where there are still nice new developments, and found something more appealing! We found this:
A Graco Snugride carseat! Still legal until Dec. 2010, which will more than long enough and marked at $35! It was so clean, I actually asked the girl if it was used! She assured me it was and then said that she had the matching stroller in her garage if we wanted to look at that. Now, Brian and I had already decided against the whole travel system idea because they tend to be so big and bulky, but we looked anyway. Well, this stroller was the "metrolite" model and actually weighs under 20lbs. Brian strolled around the driveway with it and only kicked the bottom a little bit. It also looks very nice but obviously has some more scuffs and stains. We decided to definitely get the carseat but didn't know about the stroller. The girl said $60 for the carseat/stroller combo, which is an excellent deal, but I still wasn't sure. Finally, we decided that since it matched and was a good deal, we'd get it and try to sell it on Craigslist if we never used it before we move next summer. Well, it was a pretty good idea. We looked up the system when we got home and the stroller was number 2 on consumer reports for strollers and got an overall rating of Very Good, and when I looked up the system new online, it was over $200. Woot! So here's the stroller (you can use it like this for kids who can sit on their own, but also attach the carseat to the top when they are little wee ones.):
Ahhh, sweet garage sale success! Gotta love it!Oh! And I almost forgot! Olivia was very interested in all the smells on everything we brought home, but was more than thrilled by this new stroller thing. Here she is modeling the lovely storage basket (which is HUGE, btw):
No comments:
Post a Comment