Friday, July 25, 2008

Oh my presents-ness! [21w5d]

I've been meaning to post a new belly pic and a picture of the cute present from Kate and Cory but this week has been so dreadfully boring, I haven't. That's right, boredom=me not blogging. What do you mean, that makes no sense? Pshaw! Well, now I really have to post because we got some more presents in the mail this afternoon. So here we go.
First, I'll start you out with the most recent belly shot. As Brian put it, people should no longer be staring at me, wondering if I'm pregnant or not. Correct. Now they are just staring at me because I AM pregnant. Seriously, it's kind of funny to watch people sometimes. I don't think they even realize they're doing it, but their heads kind of follow me and they don't look at my face - it's all just staring at snowpea's house.

And for those of you who enjoy looking at freaks of nature, I took this shot. I've noticed that when I lie in bed, my belly looks....well....it just looks weird! Half my body looks normal, and then there is this lump of uterus! So strange. I often just lie there and stare at it, poke it, ya know. :) It's also pretty cool because if I stare long enough when I have just laid down, I can sometimes see moving in there. Amazingly enough, Brian never happens to be in the room when it happens, so he still has yet to see (or feel!) that boy moving around. Also odd/interesting to notice, these pictures were taken two days apart. My belly really does go down that much when I am lying down.

Now we will move on to the exciting post of PRESENTS!!! Heehee! Actually, I lied. First I will show you what I have bought for snowpea so far. Here's a pic of the first baby purchases. I bought these at Carter's in the MOA with Nancy. It's obviously fairly neutral stuff because we didn't know there what type of baby we were to expect. And the blankie is silky on one side and fuzzy on the other - just the way I like em!

Here's what we bought immediately after the big ultrasound when we found out snowpea was a boy. (Kohl's this time.) The shirt you can't see has a little bear on it and says "handsome." While I do admit that girls can also be handsome, it seems to generally be not quite such a compliment for them as it is for males, so I decided this was a male-oriented outfit. And of course, a future engineer needs his first polo shirt.

Now we'll move on to presents that I di
d not purchase. Darling Kate and Cory sent us this adorable bib in the mail with one of the most gorgeous cards I have ever seen!! AND a gift card to Target! Yay!
Thanks Kate and Cory! You are awesome!


And now.....the ridiculousness begins! Someone forgot to remind me to buy some stock in Baby Gap before Auntie Christy found out she was getting a nephew. Oh well! Seeing as Auntie Christy is still in college, I'm guessing a certain pair of grandparents also donated to this shopping spree, but we won't tell her I know that. :)

Don't anyone think your gifts pale in comparison because I have loved every single baby gift and I will continue loving every single one because they are from you, my dear friends and family, and that's the most important part. (Plus, they're all so darn cute!!!)

Let's start off with the item that made my jaw drop all the way to the freaking floor.
Gosh, I am still hoping that there was an awesome sale going on, because if there wasn't, someone's getting a smack upside the head for this one!
Yes, that is a Vera Bradley diaper bag. I didn't even know Vera Bradley made diaper bags!! It's a lovely black and white paisley pattern on the inside and on the trim of the changing pad which is so elegant and not babyish - I LOVE it! If there are actually any men out there who read this and are saying, what the heck is Vera Bradley, let me briefly explain. It's this sometimes crazy-patterned, sometimes nice-patterned (see picture), quilted stuff (purses, wallets, tote bags, apparently diaper bags) that cost WAY too much money for my frugal shopping. I always touch them longingly, then look at the price tag, scoff loudly, and walk away. :)

Next we move on to the reason I really wish I had that stock in Baby Gap right about now. Lot number 1, designed for a male child ranging between the ages of birth and three months. We have here two onesies, one with a little lion and the words "King of the Jungle," one with a polo neck and trim in plaid (nerdy engineer baby!). We also have a zip-up hoodie in navy blue and a pair of shorts....because 2 month old babies go to the gym? I don't know, but they're cute as can be!

Next we will move on to Lot number 2, broken into two pictures,
designed for a male child ranging between the ages of three and six months. (Dang, do they grow fast!) In the first picture, you will see six onesies with varying phrases. Since I'm not sure how large the picture will turn up on the blog, I will briefly describe what you are seeing here. First, a Ralph Lauren polo....wait a minute....I don't even own anything by Ralph Lauren!!! Hmmm....guess I need to go out and buy that perfume finally! Anyway, back to baby world! The next has a picture of bread and says "the best thing since sliced bread," the next is "happy as a clam" with the expected picture accompanying, then we have "turtley awesome" again with the anticipated illustration, then "here comes trouble" which I would expect to see with a picture of Auntie Christy, but I guess a shark works too, and finally we have "monkey business" with said creature.
The second picture depicts more items designed for the same age range. It shows a terry cloth navy blue polo (engineeeeeeer!), matching "I love daddy" and "I love mommy" onesies which actually seem to be smaller than some of the 0-3 month stuff, resulting in their residence of "the baby closet," a bib that says "all star," some blue pants and a blue and white striped shirt (let's hope snowpea's not too fat or those stripes will do nothing for his figure!).

And finally, we have Lot number 3, designed for a male child ranging between the ages of six and nine months.



(I guess they make the most clothes in the 3-6 month age range?) Here you will see that sonny boy is much too big and mature for onesies and will now wear only shirts and pants. We have another Ralph Lauren polo (with stripes this time).....two bottles of perfume for me?, a shirt with a soccer ball that says "little champ," and some matching blue pants, classy white shorts, and some awesome golfing shorts to go with his polos. And of course, another bib because if snowpea is anything like his father, drool will be a problem! (I love you Brian!)
Phew! I'm exhausted! But the very happy kind of exhausted! I got all kinds of amazing, wonderful stuff for baby boy and I didn't even have to walk around and see the prices!!! :) Thanks friends and family - you make life so much better! (Really, I'm not usually this nice. Consider yourselves lucky!) That's all for now....I don't know what else I could possibly write about!
Dr. appt on Monday, so we'll finally get to hear about what was seen in the ultrasound! I'll let you know then!

No comments: