...your mom's cousin's wife without realizing it! Strangely enough, this happened and I didn't connect the dots until she was walking away. Oops! We were at the Black Cat having some breakfast (at 11:30....babies make you get up laaate...) and this nice woman came up to comment on Everett. We were chatting briefly and only after she mentioned what college she'd gone to, her children's ages, that she lived in Egypt, and that they moved back because of her son's asthma, did I realize who she was. But I still couldn't remember her name! So....I didn't say anything. I later called my mom and figured out her name and felt quite silly, but hey. Small world? Yes. Socially inept me? Also yes.
We got the babe weighed again on Wednesday and he's up to 8lbs, 11oz! Yay! We thought this might mean that he was big enough for size 1 diapers which we tried last night....and failed. He wet through three sleepers before we got our butts to Wal-Mart to pick up some more newborn sized diapers. Now it's time for a bath! We're heading back to IN tomorrow since Chicago is supposed to have a winter storm warning all day today until tomorrow morning. Then it will be interesting trying to adjust and get our fridge restocked....
2 comments:
It's going to be snowing hard here when you get back! It's supposed to snow 3-5 inches here! I'm excited. It's boring at work without you. But, even with you here it would still be boring. :/
Safe travels! And good luck getting back to normal as you get home!!
Post a Comment