Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Story of Silky

A long time ago (about 24 years), in a land far far away (CA), there was a silky red bathrobe. This bathrobe was a gift to my mother for her birthday. Being the awesome kid that I was, I stole it from her. Being the inventive kid I was, it got called "Silky." I kept this bathrobe and used it as a blankie for a very very long time....it may possibly still sit on our bed. Brian has accepted the fact that our bed must be shared with this bathrobe or there will be consequences. Well, I was off at work today doing my work things, and Everett was being a fussy-boo. Brian decided it was too hard to work on a presentation with a fussy baby, but it sort of worked to clean with a fussy baby. Everett enjoyed watching Brian walk all over, picking things up, vacuuming, etc. When Brian moved on to the bedroom, he laid Ev down on the bed to watch. He continued picking up and noticed that somehow, not sure exactly how, Everett scooted himself over to snuggle with Silky. He was hugging it, eating it, and just generally being a baby with it. (We are guessing the nice texture plus the smell of stale mommy was very enticing.) When it was time for a nap, Everett wasn't quite ready to give up the red loveliness, so Brian tucked it into his crib with him. When I got Ev up from his nap, I pulled the bathrobe out of the crib sides and plopped it next to him. Everett promptly snuggled it.


I guess I believe in karma.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

THAT is toooooo funny ! The silky lives on ....