Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bedtime Horror

For the past week or so, Everett has decided that 7-8pm isn't actually bedtime.  We're assuming it's something to do with his sore gums (will those teeth just appear already!?), but he has been waking up after only 45-60 min. wailing and won't go back to sleep until around 10ish.  It also might have something to do with sleeping in with mama (which I'm trying to stop!) and taking long naps during the day.  I need to do some more reading and figure out how to proceed.  Last night, I totally gave up and he slept between us all night.  He's currently napping and then we're heading in to work for a while.
Yesterday, I had my first encounter with "park moms."  Of course, I swore to myself that I would never be like them.  They just all seemed so self-deprecating and judgemental.  Ev an
d I were sitting in the shady grass and I took my shoes off.  A little girl noticed this and told her mother that I wasn't wearing shoes.  Her mother said, loud enough that I could hear her of course, that there are dangerous things I might step on.  Geez.  Not, "it's okay because she's just sitting on the grass," not a simple "yes, I see that," noooo, I am apparently a terrible example to her little girl.  I just kept my shoes off and smiled at Ev (who also was not wearing shoes).  It was a lovely park though.  Here's a picture I snapped on my cell phone (before it died....gotta get a new battery...) of Ev sitting all by himself in the grass:

No comments: