Brian informed me this evening, in quite the accusatory tone, that I haven't blogged since "the kale quiche" blog. Oops. I've been sleepy! On the days I am home with Ev, I nap the entire 2-3 hours that he naps. On days I work, I come home exhausted (from all the tiring sitting at a desk) and don't really want to do anything other than peruse facebook and thebump. Let me see if I can come up with some updates here.
I ordered Everett a bike a while back and it's here. It's a wooden balance bike to teach him the proper skills to keep a bicycle upright and push along with his feet. One problem. My super tall boy isn't quite tall (or confident) enough to push himself along yet. But he does love sitting on it and having daddy push him all around the main floor.
Ev has a minor obsession with Thomas the tank engine lately and we were fortunate enough to go to a garage sale where we scored a thomas backpack (with wheels), two books, and a handful of little trains and freight cars that stick together with a magnet. Very cool. Especially since I paid 50 cents a piece for them and they retail for about ten times that.
Everett's two fish and Daddy's one are all doing very well and Ev enjoys feeding them each morning, especially the algae pellet for his "sucka" fish.
Ev's learning new words every day and tries to repeat whatever you say. He also gets this adorable little look of concentration on his face when he's trying to see how you say a word and copy it. He calls the cats Mabba (Mabel) and ditty (Olivia. Not sure why he just calls her kitty, but oh well!). He loves "joooce!," "muck" (milk), "bayow-wees" (berries), "cacka" (crackers), and "nandy!" and "cookiecookiecookie!" (candy and cookies. not that he gets much of them, but he knows he loves them.)
Now I'm off to find a snack because my dinner consisted of a bowl of instant mashed potatoes. I blame the in utero one.
No comments:
Post a Comment