Yesterday was a big, busy day for us. Everett's daycare friends were finally over their recent bout of illness, so Everett got to go back to day care! He was so excited to see his buddies again and talked about it nonstop all morning. Since Everett was not underfoot, I decided to take the opportunity to go out to wal-mart and county market with the little one. It took us forever to get out the door (2 pukes on my favorite, hard to get on, outfit for Callum) and it took forever in the stores too. That was my fault though...I couldn't decide on darn disposable diapers. Brian wants me to keep some paper diapers on hand in case someone has to watch the boys and doesn't want to use cloth. Everett's about to run out of paper diapers too, so he'll be going to cloth at night and I'll buy a small package of size 5 (!!!) diapers to keep on hand for him. After daycare, we went and picked up Ev and made a stop at my old office to show off the boys. Everyone was very excited to see them and Everett managed to finagle a pack of fruit snacks AND a sucker out of them. THEN, we went to the co-op because we needed milk and there was a sale on bulk items. The aisles were crowded though, so we only came away with wheat bran, sunflower seeds, dried apricots, and organic raisins.
Now on to the milestones! Callum has a real belly button now! Very exciting for me because now I don't have to fold down diapers to avoid rubbing on his stump!
Aaand, I wore regular jeans yesterday! Hooray. Never mind that they were 1-2 sizes larger than my usual pre-pregnancy jeans - they didn't have an elastic panel! And, since I really only wore them for a while after Everett was born, they're in new condition and the perfect length.
Callum is daily becoming more awake and alert. He is now awake for three good periods during the day, just staring at windows, blinds, and my glasses (a benefit of dark plastic frames - nice contrast for baby to stare at). He's also becoming more vocal. He still hates diaper changes and will scream and let his little chin tremble so much you almost cry. He's still a perfect little snugglebug though. The last two nights, Brian has gotten to sit on the couch and snuggle a sleepy baby while I knit and eat girl scout cookies (wishing I had ordered more samoas and not so many thin mints....).
Today, we are just doing laundry and hanging out until it's time to get Everett from daycare. It's supposed to hit 37 today, so I'm thinking I might break out our new sit n' stand stroller to retrieve big brother. Now, I must get back to my coffee, Today show, and knitting....and holding this baby....I think I need another arm.
No comments:
Post a Comment