Everett is off at his second to last day of daycare today. Since his day care provider's kids were sick last Monday and Tuesday, she offered to watch Everett two more days this week to make a full week of free day care. Pretty awesome of her! So he's there today and then is having his goodbye party on Thursday. That means I have today alone with baby Cal. It's forecasted to be above 40 degrees today, so we'll probably take a little walk with our new Moby wrap (WHY didn't I have one of these with Everett?!?). Yesterday, I popped Cal in the Moby, Ev in his BOB stroller, and we walked down to the co-op to get yogurt and chocolate almond milk, talking about how walking is good for our bodies and the planet. I only got one comment about having my hands full. :)
I'm trying to figure out the best way to use my "free" day and I know there is a nap in there somewhere. Callum has been very sleepy at night recently, which is somehow making me very tired. Last night he didn't wake until 2:30 am (4 hours since eating last) and it was nearly impossible to get him to eat. I unzipped his swaddle, I tickled his feet, I rubbed his back vigorously, I stroked his neck, I blew on his hair, I changed his diaper....I think he finally got one full side in (normally takes two sides/feeding). Then he didn't wake up again until 5:45! And again, it was quite the task to get him to finally nurse one full side. This trying to get him to eat is much more tiring for me than just waking up, feeding him, and going back to sleep. So much so that I didn't hear a thing when Brian and Everett got up this morning until they were heading downstairs for breakfast. I found a leftover cup of coffee in the pot (yes, I'm gross like that) but I might make our walk take a detour to the black cat today. I know we're on a tight budget now, but $1.25 for a coffee and a walk isn't that bad, is it?
Now, I really should pause the Today show and go bathe myself and the babe since we both smell of old milk. Yuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment