Callum officially has a yeast diaper rash (this poor kid, right?). It looks more painful than painful and I feel bad because I thought it was just a regular rash, put desitin on a couple times with sposies and thought it was gone, so we went back to cloth. Well then, he got left in a diaper too long when he slept alllll morning on Saturday and now it's worse than ever. So here we go, attacking yeast. At his next change, we'll be applying some nystatin and keeping him in sposies (time to go back to wal-mart. again. I'll be running out of Luvs soon.). I took a probiotic pill which will hopefully somehow affect his milk (worth a try, eh?). And as for the diapers, I'm following
this advice:
-Diapers are currently in the washer on a cold wash, cold rinse with 4 drops of
Tea Tree Oil
(forgot a wetbag, so I'll be doing a quick soak of that on its own).
-I will then run the entire load again on a sanitary wash (extra hot water) with some
baby oxy clean
.
-Then, since it's still freaking snowing here and I have no sun, I'll be putting everything (even my PUL...eek!) in the dryer on hot.
-My diaper pail is also currently sitting in the utility sink, full of bleach water.
Here's hoping my diapers survive and the yeast does not! And that my poor little bug feels much better very soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment