My teensy baby officially turned 18 months old on the 25th. That's a full year and a half, people. A year. And a half. sigh.
It's incredible how much of a baby he still seems to me while I remember thinking Everett was so grown up at this age. It's not that they're developmentally different, it's just that I think I've learned to cherish the baby days more. When Everett was 18 months old, I got pregnant with Callum, for goodness' sake. That's not happening. lol.
Our little guy is growing up faster than I'd prefer, but he's darn cute while doing it at least. He has at least one new word per day right now. Apple, baby, plane, bird, Catie, Abigail, donkey, hungry, etc.
He runs, he jumps, he rides his scoot bike (but not on the seat, little nut job), he climbs ladders and slides down slides, he walks up and down stairs on two feet, and tackles his brother. He loves to pick every flower he sees and give it to me, saying "pretty!" He finally just started to really enjoy reading books even if it is only for a few minutes. He is still completely obsessed with tractors, but has also added trains to his list of acceptable items to calm him down.
He still likes his nuks, but not if he's upset. He uses them to sleep and doesn't like to get rid of them when he wakes up, but we're working on it. Since they have no effect to calm him when he's upset, he doesn't ever have them during the day in public. And I'm ok with him still having them for sleeping. He's still a baby who still sleeps in a crib and doesn't have any verbal delays or attachment issues, so we're going with the flow.
He's just the sweetest, funniest little boy who loves his daddy and brother more than anything (he's pretty keen on his mama too) and we cherish him so much.




No comments:
Post a Comment