Monday, September 24, 2012

Preschool: Letter B

I'm never sure how the week is going to go when we start school and I'm met with this face:
Kidding.  He was just being serious at the moment.  Sometimes, he does run away yelling, "no schooooool!" but there are also times he asks to do school so I figure we're doing ok for 3 years old.  We haven't been doing school every week day but there are also weekend days that we do a bit of review on the letter we worked on.  
One of the activities we did this week was creating our letter B.  This week we did some painting with various sized balls and tempera paints.  Ev thought this was a great idea.



The finished product.
 Another activity was something I'd been saving up.  I picked this up at the kids day of the farmer's market and we pulled it out last week.  I was super impressed that Everett got almost all the food groups correct on his first answer.

And of course, we did some in the workbook.


Overall, Everett does a good job at remembering the sound that the letter makes but he has trouble remembering the name of the letter.  I guess it's better that way than the opposite.  :)

1 comment:

Becky V said...

So impressed! I'm struggling with getting Ainsley to try writing her name. She used to be SO into it and I still find A's ALL over the house, but sitting down and focusing? a little bit trickier. Have you checked out starfall.com or ABCya.com? both amazing letter/sound learning websites. Ev is getting so big!