Saturday, September 22, 2012

Running Update

Today, we ran ten miles, which is about 3.8 miles farther than I'd ever made it last year and 1.8 farther than I've made it this year.  I finally veered from my training plan this week, when I was supposed to have a four run week.  I cut out a two miler scheduled for the day after my seven mile because I was sore, I was busy, and I was kind of nervous about the ten for this weekend.  I'm happy to report that I made it through the entire ten miles today, feeling great.  After a shower and some lunch, I completely crashed though.  My legs are just exhausted, I'm dead tired, and very much looking forward to bed.
Brian decided he didn't like some aspects of the plan (like a long run mid-week and weekend) so we made some adjustments and here's what the rest of the plan looks like now:

Next week: T-3 miles, W-5 or 5.5 miles, Th-2 miles, Sat-10 miles (the original plan had a seven mile on W)
Oct 1 week: T-3 miles, Th-6 miles, Sat-9 miles (we took out a two mile from this week)
Race week: T-5 miles, Th-2 miles (we flipped these two from the original plan), Sat-13.2!  Eek!

It's definitely coming up and with how nervous I was for today's run, I wonder how I'll get any sleep on Oct 12.  I am feeling more confident now that I managed to do ten miles after having only done 8.2 before.  I figure if I can do that, I can manage 13.2 after having done ten miles twice before.  I'm still trying to convince Brian that he should run WITH me rather than speeding past me.  :)

No comments: