Wednesday, November 3, 2010

24 weeks

How far along?  24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  around 16 lbs
How big is baby? 
Baby gained around 4 oz since last week!  He's just over a pound and and almost a foot long - about the length of an ear of corn, but skinnier!
Maternity clothes?  Yessir!  Ordered two more maternity tanks so I can continue wearing my non-maternity sweaters and shirts layered over them.  Also got my pretend uggs from Old Navy and I am kind of in love with them.
Stretchmarks? 
Surrounding the bellybutton.....grrr...
Sleep? 
It's ok at the moment.  Fewer bathroom trips and I'm starting to figure out how to keep the body pillow ON the bed at night.
Best moment this week?  All the halloween parties were pretty great.  Ev enjoyed it and my and baby's costume was a hit.  Still seeing Ev give his baby brother huggers and kisses - he's such a sweetie!  He even picked out a pumpkin bucket from wal-mart for baby (10 cents my friends, 10 cents!)
Movement?  All the time!  He's still kicking me really low, leading to my assumption that he still thinks his head belongs upright.
Food cravings?  Cranberries!  We had a harvest potluck with cranberry sauce, and then I needed to make some cranberry sauce (SO easy!  Boil 1 c. water and 1 c. sugar, add 12 oz cranberries, boil for ten minutes!), and I adore drinking cranberry juice/seltzer - you're awesome Janelle!  You must suggest this to all pregnant women!
Bellybutton?  We're not on speaking terms.
Boy/Girl?  Triathlete in training little boy
Labor signs?  Nope
What I miss? Starting to have trouble bending and leaning while sitting on the floor.  Belly's starting to get in my way.
What I am looking forward to?  Still getting that nursery done...  Being done with glucose test (mid-month)
Milestones: Viability, baby!  That's right.  With technological advances, 24 weeks is now considered viability as long as you have a good NICU.  Craziness!  We'll keep this little guy cooking for quite a while yet though.  I don't need a newborn over Christmas again...February 1, I will allow.

No comments: