How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I think I may be up around 18-19 lbs now (dr. appointment is on Monday)
How big is baby? Head to heels, he's around 13 1/2 inches long. Weighing in around 1.5 lbs, or the size of a rutabaga. Also gaining some fat! The little muffin, not me. Shush.
Maternity clothes? Yep. And my new pretend uggs. I am in love with them and they rarely come off my feet at work or out and about (I always take off my shoes!).
Stretchmarks? Yep.
Sleep? Well. Everett learned how to open his bedroom door. You can guess what that means for our sleep. The past two nights, he has woken up somewhere between 12 and 2 am and I hear a THUMP! (feet hitting floor), pad pad pad (23 month old feet shuffling), mama! (little face next to my face). The first night I just let him hop in bed with us and he slept ok until around 6. Last night was a wiggle fest and we then had about 45 minutes of screaming at the top of his lungs (the kind of screaming that makes my eyes go wide because I just KNOW he's going to make himself puke if he continues) as Brian put him into his new big boy bed and he tried to come back out and hop in our bed. He eventually went to sleep, Brian and I slept until my alarm went off, and when I opened his door this morning, he was sitting in a cute little pile on his big bed and said "hi mama!" As long as he stays in his room tonight, sleep should be ok.
Best moment this week? We met our doula! She is fantastic and really puts my best interests first. I am so happy that she is going to be there to help me get the birth experience I want and advocate for me when I'm too exhausted to do so.
Finally got the nursery painting all done (still haven't taken a picture though...).
Movement? Yep. He's still kicking low, so my new friend, Erica the doula, has me doing an exercise where I lie on the floor and put my legs straight up against a wall for five minutes/day. This encourages little dude to put his head downward and kick me in the ribs like his big brother always did.
Food cravings? Does halloween chocolate count?
Bellybutton? DADT
Boy/Girl? boy
Labor signs? Nada, just those pesky braxton hicks
What I miss? Lying on my belly.
What I am looking forward to? Being done with the glucose test (next Mon), buying a carseat, finishing Ev's new longies, so I can start on his new winter hat and then tiny baby things!
Milestones: Meeting the doula was great. By profession, she is a massage therapist and specializes in prenatal massage. Awesome? Yes. After our one hour chat on Monday, she immediately assigned me to drink a whole lot more water than I have been (I'm really bad), walk every day, do my flip the baby exercise, and try eating more molasses and leafy greens to get that iron so I don't end up anemic again and on those stupid pills. We are meeting again next month and she'll bring along her back-up in case I go into labor during her workday. Both of them have little kiddos and might bring them along to play with Everett next month. I am so excited that I get the opportunity to have a doula help me out this time! Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment