How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Haven't weighed recently...probably 18-19 lbs.
How big is baby? This week baby is at about 2 lbs! A head of cauliflower....mmm....cauliflower....with butter and salt.... oh um.... length! Length is about 14.5 inches with legs stretched out.
Maternity clothes? Still just barely getting away with my beloved thermal tops and a tank underneath. I went to a thrift store and bought some medium sweaters to stretch over the belly.
Stretchmarks? No new ones that I've noticed.
Sleep? Back to good. Everett is generally staying in bed all night or going right back to bed if it's the middle of the night. If it's sometime after 5:30-ish, I just let him come in and snuggle until the alarm goes off. Dreams are vivid, but I'm sleeping like a rock (a rock on its left side with a body pillow between its legs).
Best moment this week? Big crazy alien baby rolling movements and Everett's word explosion. The boy can repeat anything you say!
Movement? Yes, and getting very strong. You really don't know weird until something is moving of its own volition in your abdomen.
Food cravings? Really excited for thanksgiving feast!! And Ev and I made some chocolate chip cookies last night.
Bellybutton? No comment.
Boy/Girl? Crazy active little boy #2
Labor signs? Nada
What I miss? Having the ability/desire to pick things up off the floor. Now I just stare at it and say, "Everett! Come pick this up for mama!" Carrying my boy easily. I have to hoist his legs up over my belly to carry him home from daycare.
What I am looking forward to? Holidays with family! Aunties are coming home for thanksgiving and Everett is beyond excited. His birthday party is this weekend, my birthday is the weekend after, it's almost time to put up the lights and play christmas music until our ears fall off.....ahhh....I love this time of year!
Milestones: Depending on your calendar/calculations, this can mark the beginning of third trimester (there's a surprising amount of debate about this). Baby has a 80-90% chance of survival now outside the belly, but we'll keep him in there for a while yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment