Cal and I are sitting around watching the View and drinking some coffee. Daddy and Ev are off on another morning adventure today, this time trying out the Wednesday morning playgroup at our community center. Today Callum will be getting his newborn pictures taken (SO excited!) and I just hope I can keep him from scratching his face or making his chin all red by having his nuk too much today. The boy loves that nuk already. And just like Ev, he is a big fan of the Mam brand. Very glad I picked up a pack of them before he was born.
Everett is adjusting beautifully. He most definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, but I think he was quite hungry too. He insists on holding, kissing, hugging, and giving the nuk to his "baby Callum." He received his own baby doll as a gift yesterday from a friend and was quite preoccupied with dressing and undressing it, wondering why he couldn't get it entirely naked (white cloth body), and putting its nuk in its mouth. He is a very good big brother already, just like we thought he would be. Despite all the tantrums, the individuality, and the crazy energy, he is such a caring, loving little boy. He's not so sure about Callum getting new clothes that won't fit on Everett and doesn't like the idea of Callum getting toys or books, but we're working on the whole sharing idea anyway. Soon, Everett, you will have to share ALL your toys.
Things are still going great on my side too. Breastfeeding is still going great. I am sore, but managed to push through the initial soreness and the first signs of a blister have disappeared. Callum does have some of his brother's sleepy problems with only lasting a few minutes before falling asleep but it helps that we don't have him on a strict 2 hour schedule like Everett was. With Cal, I'm nursing every 2-3 hours depending on when he's awake and I feel too full. Our longest stretch last night was only 3.5 hours between beginning of feedings, but that's not so bad because nursing and diapering him only takes about 30-40 minutes. Because Cal can latch well, is obviously getting milk and wetting his diapers, doesn't have trouble getting his own bubbles out, and is just generally easy-going, I have been much less stressed this time around. Brian lets me sleep an extra hour in the mornings while he tends to Everett monster and breakfast. We've also had amazing friends showering us in dinners, baked goods, and gifts since we came home. While we did have some people bring us meals when Everett was born, it is just so different now that I have such an awesome group of mommy friends who are doting on our entire family.
I am relishing this week where Brian is taking full daddy-duty over Everett and I get to sit on the couch with a newborn on my chest, sniffing his little baby head and marveling that only days ago he was cramped into my belly, sticking his cute little bum up under my ribs, and folding his long little legs up in my side (he is still bow-legged and about 2/3 of his length because he keeps his legs tucked up so tightly - there really wasn't enough room in there for him!).
1 comment:
Such precious times, just holding a newborn... Glad you get to truly enjoy these days -- yay! for Brian being such a great dad !!
Post a Comment