Monday, April 11, 2011

Callum's first sick visit

Poor little guy got his first sick visit at only six weeks.  I can't remember how old Everett was, but it was much older than six weeks.  Cal's had a nasty cold with congestion, productive cough, and so much mucus that after eating in the morning, he would forcefully vomit the entire feeding plus gross boogeries.  He's had a minor fever on and off and just looks so sad.  Last night we decided we would call and make him an appointment for this morning.  Well, this morning he didn't throw up quite as forcefully and wasn't coughing quite as much but was much more needy.  I had to hold him rather than have him sit in his bouncer while helping Ev.  Then I heard that another baby in our playgroup got RSV and I got nervous.  He was so sad and whiney, that while Ev sat down at the library's story time, I called in and got Callum a 2pm appointment.
The results of the appointment were good.  While his O2 was at the lower end of acceptable and he had a temp of 100.4 degrees rectally, his skin color was good, ears were clear, lungs sounded good, and he was alert and wiggling.  The doctor decided to still do a swab for RSV and then called this evening to let me know it was negative.  So our little guy just has a very nasty cold and will hopefully be getting better very soon.  His coughing is already less frequent and severe, so I'm really hoping he's on his way out of this ickiness.
Here's our little sicky this evening:

In other news, I lost Muno.  For some hair-brained reason, I asked Everett if he wanted to take his Muno doll (remember, this one that I made for him?  and omg wasn't Ev tiny and scrumptious!?!)

into the grocery store today and late this afternoon I realized that Muno never came back into our car/house.  We made daddy stop by the store on his way home from work, but we're guessing there is now some other little kiddo in town enjoying a homemade Muno.  Everett doesn't seem too sad about it, but I might make him a new one anyway.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Poor baby! Glad it's nothing serious... it sucks when they get sick when they are so little!!