I figured it out. That time when your squishy little newborn, all wrinkly and funny-looking but infinitely huggable and fit perfectly when they sleep on your chest, disappears. At 3 months, my tiny (well, if he ever was tiny...) squishy newborn is gone. Instead, I have a rolly, smiley, laughing baby boy.
His cheeks are now the most kissable things in the world, but I cannot believe my eyes that he is this big already. Wasn't it just yesterday that he was kicking around in my belly, driving me crazy because he decided he'd give me contractions for a month and come 2 days after his due date? If I were going back to work, I would have returned this past Monday and I cannot fathom it. I can't imagine handing over my changing-by-the-minute scrumptious little guy to some other woman to care for, only to pick him up at the crankiest time of day and have a couple hours to get all my snuggles in before he's crashes for the night. I am extremely grateful that I have this opportunity to stay at home with my boys and watch them grow. I get to make sure they get good, healthy food prepared from whole ingredients. I get to attempt to limit their screen time :). I get to change all those really cute cloth diapers. I'm not sure how I'll feel once I have some kids here in addition to my little guys (starting next week! eek!), but if we're ever going to be able to replace our 11-year-old car, I kind of need to help out in some way.
Anyways. Back to scrumptious 3 month olds. Our little stinkerbug now weighs about 14 pounds (Everett was 15 pounds at 4 months) and is firmly in his 3-6 month clothes. He's on the second setting of his size 1 diaper covers, about to move up to the highest setting (they're supposed to fit 0-9 months....). His yellow-edged prefolds, designed to fit up to 6 months and 15 pounds, are getting a bit snug. He's getting good head control and tries to lean into your face if he's upright and talking to you. He absolutely adores his big brother and smiles at him all the time. Just yesterday, he started squealing to get your attention. Everett was already very vocal by this age, yelling at us and all, so I still think Callum's just going to be more laid back and easy-going. Huge and calm. :)
Cally still loves to be worn and I'm looking at a new wrap for my anniversary present. Ideally, something like a Didymos wrap, but even used, these things sell at a high price, so I'll likely end up with a much cheaper brand.
Well, we need to get moving because we have the last Fun n Run playgroup today and then we're meeting friends at the park for lunch. And I need to pack us a lunch. And get the stroller outside. And it's in 12 minutes. Ummm....yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment