Thursday, October 13, 2011

Everett the pretender

Everett has learned how to pretend.  I mean, really pretend.  He's known how to pretend to eat play food, be a monster, etc. for a long time, but yesterday was something beyond that.  He was pretending to drive his car downtown to go buy gum (a bit of an obsession at the moment) then bringing the "gum" back to me to chew on.  He would then think of a new location (wal-mart, the co-op, county market, mcdonalds) and ask me which direction to go.  If I actually pointed out the literal direction of said locations, he would say, "NO!  It not that way!"  Sorry?  It was hilarious.  I remember the days of pretending fondly and hope he has a nice long run of living in an imaginary world all from his own creation.

Oh, and some more awesome sayings lately.

E: "I don't like mooses!"  Me: "why not?"  E: "They could step on me."  Me: "Good point."
Brian: "Bye, Everett!"  E: "Where you goin'?"  B: "To the woods."  E: "Oh.  You find wolf-es.  I no like wolf-es.  I scary wolf-es."
E: "I wan watch baby eyening spying time."  Yeah, just try and guess that one.... (baby signing time)

No comments: