Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lying in bed musing

Written on my phone the other night:


when did my baby become "not a baby anymore?"  I've been realizing this for some time, especially since time appears to literally fly with the second child, but tonight it wad undeniable.  I hefted this lug of a baby onto my tummy after nursing and it occurred to me that he's not very little anymore. In fact, he's really big. He's heavy and long and he has non-baby hair and he can crawl and says ba-ba-ba all day long and and and... He doesn't really want to be a baby either and that just makes it that much worse. He thinks he's such hot stuff following his big brother around the house and eating everything he can get his chubby little hands on. So I snuggle him. Every opportunity he'll give me. It gets hard sometimes with the daycare babies because I feel like I don't have quite enough time to savor my baby on the few baby-ish moments he has left, but c'est la vie, eh?

No comments: