Recap:
1st birthday - Goodnight Moon (my first real attempt at decorating a cake) and smash cake
2nd birthday - Thomas (didn't start early enough and ran out of time. I would have liked a coal car too. Rough edges, visible powdered sugar.....blah.)
And these were just for family parties. This time, there will be friends. And their parents. Yes, I know that this is really all about me and impressing MY friends, and I'm ok with that. Because the side effect is that Everett gets a fun cake that he loves (he adored that Thomas cake).
So on the docket for this year is Wonder Pets. The plan is a dark chocolate 8" round cake with chocolate frosting and fondant, topped with 6" round (only one layer I'm thinking) of funfetti cake, covered in fondant, all topped off with a flyboat. I have a sour cream pound cake in a small loaf pan baking as Besides the cake, I still need to get his outfit ready (I'm thinking an iron-transfer logo on a shirt plus a cape.), find a punchbowl, figure out the games (Brian's job), make a tin can phone (think I'll lay that one on him too), and make the last minute run for ice cream, milk, spoons, mini donuts (see those wheels?), celery, and beer for the parents, and not totally freak out.
Oh, and I have a daycare baby until 4:30. And a consultant/fundraiser party thing tonight. Yeahhhh.... Here we go!



No comments:
Post a Comment