-Brian was totally present and involved for both boys' births. (I would have killed him if he weren't ;).)
-Every time he walks into the house, two squealing little boys go running from opposite corners of the house and grab onto his legs.
-Everett begs to go mountain biking any time Brian leaves to do so.
-Although he's not allowed to go mountain biking, he DOES get to go build trail with him on some Monday evenings.
-All three love their "daddy dates." Yesterday I had things going on all day, so the boys had a guy day. Brian took them to the farmer's market, on a run, then on a bike ride to the farm, and stayed home with them that evening while I went out with my friends. (Now he gets to take today to go biking.)
-Brian has never once complained when I have asked if he could take care of the boys for some reason or another.
-He will always offer to entertain the boys right after work because he knows I'm nearing "lock children in closet" phase.
-Every night, Brian will sit on the boys' bedroom floor and both will plop on his lap for stories.
-He teaches the boys every opportunity he gets. About the world, nature, society, etc.
-He is a baby-wearing daddy. Ergo, bjorn, even wraps. He likes wearing his babies.
-Brian teaches his boys to be loving and polite. He's somehow taught Everett to always tell me I'm pretty and to thank me for "yummy food you made."
-He is intent on making sure the boys have money saved for their college in the future. Honestly, I probably would have put very little thought into it on my own and made them savings accounts. Because of Brian's research, each boy has an awesome 529 and we add money to them quarterly.










No comments:
Post a Comment