Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesday: Changes

This week's Toddle Along Tuesday is about changes.  As my last post noted, Brian and I have now been married for five years and even detailed some of the changes.  Let's expand on that a bit.


2007 2012
Dwelling We lived in a somewhat scary 2 bedroom apartment that had one heat source and allowed month-to-month rental.  Getting ready to move to West Lafayette, IN for Brian to attend grad school at Purdue. We live in the same town again, but now in a beautiful 4 bedroom house on a great street with awesome neighbors and a huge maple tree to shade us in the summer.
Job Unemployed.  Had just finished my time at St. Olaf and was licensed to teach English in grades 6-12. Self-employed.  After a couple jobs working as an administrative assistant in two different educational service agencies, I decided it was time to save money by staying home and becoming county certified to provide daycare.
Caretaking Had a brand new kitten (well, 2 months old) who was adorable and funny and snuggly.  Although she did kill my betta.  Then I was mad at her. Still have that cat.  And another.  And some more fish.  Oh yeah, and two half-wild little boys.  I would say fully-wild, but one does use the toilet.
Hobbies Not a lot.  I did cross-stitching, I walked.  I had just finished wedding planning.  I would go road biking with Brian every now and then. Indoor: knitting, crocheting, sewing, cooking, photography.  And volleyball during the school year.  Outdoor: running, toting boys behind a bike, hanging out at playgrounds, pulling a wagon around the neighborhood.
Interests Ummm…my cat? All things natural living/parenting: cloth diapers, breastfeeding, gardening, composting, healthy cooking
Happiness I had just gotten married, so that was awesome. My life is pretty awesome.  I play with my boys every day and try to make the world exciting and educational for them.  I have a great home near family, real seasons, some luxuries, and a house full of giggles and love.





2 comments:

Nicole @ The Kavanaugh Report said...

Aww! I love this! Also, I need a hobby!

Jen + Jeff said...

Hahahaha, I still live in a scary two-bedroom apartment with one heat source!