Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pre-school 2012

I have officially decided that Everett is ready to start pre-school.  Not the, I'm going to spend my money to send you off to someone less educated than myself for 3 hours/day 3 days/week kind of pre-school, but the serious, organized, mama-made pre-school.  Not to deny the legitimacy of those pre-schools; I understand their value, but when I'm being a stay at home mama and I have a degree in education, it's kind of silly for me to not just buckle down and do it myself.

I've been reading on the 1+1+1=1 blog and I adore her recent post on her classroom (if only I had that kind of money!), but would also love any other suggestions of online resources.

I think E finally has his color's figured out and he can actually count (when he wants to), so I'm planning on starting with the alphabet.  He can recognize and write the letters E and C, so I'll probably start with those and then go back to the beginning and create a large visual on the wall.

Tonight, the plan is to figure out where all this pre-schooling will take place.  (The sitting down part, obvs we'll be learning as we go to playgroups, parks, and run errands as always too.)
So, wish me luck, ambition and anything else you can think of to wish me.  Just not bad things.  I don't like bad things.

In other news, we had a house showing today with the buyers deciding they still preferred another house to ours.  Apparently they liked the lightness and spaciousness of our house and appreciated the new garage, but our yard was too small.  Mmmmmkay.....

In other other news, I've been having an internal debate over creating a new blog.  Like actually trying to make a less personal, more frequent blog that has more than an ice cube's chance in Texas of making some money.   I just can't decide if it's worth it or not though.  And if I could actually get myself to sit down and really go through with it.  Obviously, I am not the greatest at frequent blogging and such.  So the internal debate will continue...

1 comment:

Becky V said...

Way to go! I debated "homeschooling" the girls for preschool, but it's been increasingly hard to get Ainsley to do ANYTHING I ask of her and we have two amazing programs in town...I decided if she didn't get into one of those I would make it work, but she did, and I must say I'm thrilled. Can't wait to hear about the homeschooling adventures!