Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dr. Appt. Update [22w2d]

We are now down to only one more monthly appointment before we start going twice monthly! Craziness! Here's the most recent news from yesterday's visit.
-Snowpea: moving around like a crazy triathlete again, making is an adventure trying to pin him down to get his heartrate, which was 150. Dr. said he definitely looks like a boy and everything about him measured normal. His weight is the 60th percentile and everything else is just in the normal range. She also told us the amount of fluid was good but we didn't understand what unit of measurement she was using when she told us, so.... yeah.
-Me: My blood pressure is back down to my normal range (it never was high, just slightly higher than usual). Still healthy according to all tests and measurements.
-Other: snowpea's house is also measuring on track at 22 cm, which is apparently a decent measurement for 22 weeks (how convenient!).
-In slightly not normal news, we do have one thing to watch for. Boys might not want to read this, so go away if you don't! Apparently, the placenta is considered "low-lying," which means that it is within 3cm of the cervix. In fact, it measured 2.5cm away. This isn't a problem now, but it should move up and out of the way at some point. The dr. said 90% do, which doesn't comfort me that much, but hey. It's much better than something called placenta previa, in which the placenta covers the cervix, but still not the most desirable situation. As a happy point though, we get to have another ultrasound around 30 weeks to make sure the placenta is not in the way.
-Next appt.: the glucose test. nooooo! :) They're going to give me a super-sugared orangey drink which I have to chug and then sit and wait for an hour so they can steal my blood and make sure I am processing sugar and don't have gestational diabetes. I think they should just believe me that I don't and leave it at that.
-The next decisions:
Naming - we have narrowed our list down to 15 names! And nope, I'm not telling you what they are. You'll just have to wait. Maybe once we're down to ten or so, I'll let you sneak a peek!
The boy issue - the dr. is going to get together some literature for us to try and make the big decision about to circ. or not to circ.
Well, must get back to work now!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

My sister in law had gestational diabetes... I felt so bad for her... no pasta! I better not have that when I'm pregnant or we'll be in trouble!! :)

Oh, PS my mom told me to tell you this but I forgot... you wrote that you first felt the baby kick on 4th of July, and she said that's the first time she felt me kick... haha!