Friday, December 5, 2008

Super Daddy of the Year

For those of you who know my dear husband well, you might understand my slight trepidation that our baby would end up dropped, stepped on, or misplaced within the first week of life. However, I have to be the one to tell you, Brian is so naturally good with Everett, I must eat all my words. Yes, there were some things he had no idea about, but learned very very quickly. He loved the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD and when Everett fusses, he will promptly swaddle him up tightly, turn him on his side, shush in his ear, then flash me the proudest grin ever when baby immediately settles. Bri's also been amazingly helpful at night. I never knew that we could work so well together until we suddenly had a little guy waking up every two hours. Even for the tiny things he is there to help, like burping Everett while I switch sides. He is also more than happy to take care of nighttime diaper changes so I can go straight to sleep after nursing. Brian has taken this whole week off (besides classes, a test, and working on a big final project) to stay home and help me with all the new duties.
On another happy note, I finally remembered to put my ring back on! Yay! I missed my pretty sparklies. My birthday was a very calm day. I spent almost all day home with my cutie pie and Brian only left in the afternoon to work with another guy on their project. When he got back we made a trek out to Target, got glared at by the judgmental old check-out lady for taking Everett out in public so early, and had a wonderful dinner delivered to us by someone from church. Today our out of the house trip consisted of bundling up really well and walking across the parking lot to Ace where we picked up a slightly bigger christm
as tree than last year (slightly bigger family!). We're going to get it all decked out this evening and I will be sure to take some pictures. Here are some pictures from today:

Brian got Everett dressed this morning all by himself while I took a shower -

Here's our little doll sitting in his bouncer -

And the proud daddy with Everett in the sling -

No comments: