Just wanted to quickly post that we're home and learning how to take care of our little boy. This morning, I felt like I was cramming for a test trying to read over a section about latching on while I quickly ate some cereal and Brian held Everett in the sling. Last night was....miserable really. We're having some issues with latching on properly, which is causing me some pain. We didn't really get to see the lactation consultant before we left the hospital because she doesn't work weekends and by the time she came in on Monday, we were being discharged. So this morning, Bri called in to the center where we had our childbirth classes and scheduled us an appointment to meet with their consultant at 3. It stinks that we'll have to pay for something that should have been free, but what can we do about it now? If we can figure out this one issue, life will be much much better. I'm leanring how to use my boppy pillow too (hence being able to actually type this)...thanks again Britt!
Thank you everyone for the messages here, on facebook, and through email. The whole thing is an adjustment and a half and a bit painful at times, but this little monkey is definitely worth it all. I look at him and still cannot believe that 1 - he was actually in my belly for so long (and that he fit!), 2 - he's actually mine to take care of all the time (in a good way), 3- he's so stinking cute! I know that everyone thinks their own babies are the cutest thing ever and I am definitely one of them. He just looks like perfection to me. Nothing can compare to when he looks me in the eyes and watches me talk to him. Anyway! Enough of my mushiness! (Emotions go off the wall crazy, btw.)
1 comment:
First of all, he is super-cute. :) Also, I like the new blog template!! Glad you had a moment to update!
Post a Comment