Please join us in welcoming our little snowpea:
Everett Paschal Hammond
Labor started at 1 am on 11/29/08. Brian and I had just gone to bed and my mom was still awake reading. After realizing that my normal nightly contractions were a lot more painful than usual and not letting up, I tried to wake up Brian...it didn't work well. He couldn't seem to understand why in the world I was telling him to get up. After puking and pooing at the same time, mom and Brian realized just how serious I was. We threw together the last minute stuff, grabbed a puke bowl, called the hospital, and headed off. When we got to the hospital, I was 5cm and the contractions were about a minute and a half apart. CRAZY! I somehow ended up with no pain medication, although I nearly begged at one point. Luckily for my non-medicated self, by 5:44 am, Everett was born! He was 7 pounds, 11.8 oz, and 20.7 inches long (HUGE!). He has beautiful hair and has been very sleepy. I had to get an episiotomy (which sucked) but the dr. said something about multiple tears, so I just went for it. There were several times when I really didn't know if I could finish the whole deal, but we both made it just fine. I've now had breakfast and lots of juice and snowp (errr...Everett) has eaten once. Recovery is going to stink but what can you do? Here are a couple of pictures:
3 comments:
Congratulations Hammond Family!!!! How awesome that he came while the grandparents were still there!
Congrats!!! How cute!! :) Can't wait to see more pics as you get settled in. Thanks for updating us so soon!
Congratulations Mom and Dad, you have a beautiful baby boy!
Post a Comment