Friday, November 14, 2008

A little bit more detail [37w5d]

Since my last update was written in about 2 minutes in Brian's office last night before dinner, I didn't get all the details in there. Still no baby! :) Here's a bit more detail for those of you who care. If you don't care, stop reading my blog! First, I have a mini-story for you.
Brian was super late picking me up because he got distracted with all kinds of stuff at the lab, so I started walking to my dr. appt. (I work a whole maybe 6 blocks from the clinic.) Well, if you've ever seen my clumsiness and weak ankles prior to pregnancy, you can guess what's coming next. Stepping off a curb is always a dangerous job, but with me trying to balance this little bowling ball of a belly here, it's just asking for trouble. I stepped off the curb, my right ankle turned, and boom! There's Beth on the ground (and there was even a van parked ahead of me that saw the whole thing! embarrassing!) . My pride was hurt much more than my hands and knees, so I quickly got up and walked on. (I also nearly fell again trying to walk through the icky fruit residue from another tree!) During our hour long wait for the dr., I commented that my knee was really kind of hurting, so I rolled up my pant leg and sure enough, big ol scrape complete with blood. Nice. 37 1/2 weeks pregnant and I fall down and scrape my knee. Oy. The dr. even noticed it and commiserated with me.
Okay, appointment details. Like I said, not much has changed. My weight did not change in the 9 days since my last weigh in, which is normal for the end of pregnancy. Fundal height (they measure how big your belly is!) is now down to 34cm. For me, I was very much sticking to the cm for every week of pregnancy that it's supposed to be until last week when I was a cm behind, and now I'm 3 behind. This is also normal. It just means that snowp has gotten himself nice and snuggled into my pelvis. A co-worker even commented today that it looked like he had dropped more recently.
After the appointment, I had icky crampy feelings all evening. Through dinner, sitting at home, and trying to fall asleep. I was like one giant cramp and achy all over. Not fun. I actually tried to fall asleep for an hour and a half while Brian took his prospective student out to a social event, but no success! I finally called him near 11 and asked if they were coming home soon. They got home very soon after that and I finally managed to fall asleep soon after Brian was home (co-dependent much?). However, sleep was not fun last night. It's getting worse every night and I'm thinking I'm soon going to be way too tired to have a baby. Hmm.... this weekend? Come on snowp!
Oops - I forgot to add: I had to take off my ring today! (two rings, soldered together=one ring) My finger got too big and it was hurting. I was really hoping that wouldn't happen. *sniffle*

No comments: